Corporate matching gifts and employee payroll deduction programs are often an easy way for you to make a gift or extend the impact of your donation to the Dominicans.
In most cases, contacting your HR department will help you determine whether your company offers a matching gift or payroll deduction program.
Corporate Matching Programs
Matching programs can significantly increase the impact of your giving, sometimes even doubling your gift!
A quick call or email to your HR department is usually all it takes to learn how to apply for any matching program your company may operate.
Some companies may restrict, or not allow, gifts to religious organizations. In restricted cases, some companies may simply require a donor’s gift be made to “non proselytizing” programs, meaning programs that do not attempt to convert individuals to a faith.
If that’s the case, non proselytizing activities of the Western Dominican Province include:
- Education and formation of Dominican friars
- Care for elderly and infirm friars
- The Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology
As always, please consult with your employer on the exact matching gift policies and procedures they may ask you to follow.
Employee Giving Programs / Payroll Deductions
Employee giving programs are common in many large organizations, as well as with state and federal government agencies. They can often be programs promoting monthly payroll deductions, or a once-a-year campaign to give to your charity of choice.
Ask you HR department whether your organization offers an employee giving program. Benefits can include:
- Easy to manage: once setup, your company automatically deducts your gift from your pay and passes it to your charity of choice.
- Convenience and tax benefits: you can get the convenience of automatic payroll deductions without losing the tax benefits of charitable giving.
- Satisfaction: you’ll be reminded on each paycheck of your gift of “first fruits”, giving back generously what God has blessed you with.
To learn more, contact your office’s HR department and ask for information on the employee giving program.
As always, please consult with your employer on the exact employee giving program policies and procedures they may ask you to follow.
If you shop on Amazon.com, your purchase may be eligible for the AmazonSmile program. For every eligible purchase, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate .5% of the purchase to the Western Dominican Province. To learn more, click here.