Are you being called to become
a priest or brother?
Discover what it means to become
a preacher of truth!
Western Dominican Province
5890 Birch Court
Oakland, CA 94618-1626
Become a deeper part of the great journey of salvation
Simple, Safe, Secure
Donations made easy
Please visit our
Pray for Vocations
moved by the urgent need of Priests, Religious and apostles, and following Thy recommendation to pray the Lord of the harvest to send laborers to work for the salvation of souls, we implore Thee, through the intercession of Thy most Holy Mother Mary, Virgin Immaculate and Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, and also through the intercession of Dominic, the Holy Patriarch, to increase the number of friars preachers.
Obtain for Thy Order faithful followers of its religious traditions; numerous apostles after the heart of their Blessed Father Dominic, holy and zealous for the salvation of souls.
Another Prayer for Dominican Vocations
Lord Jesus, as you once called Saint Dominic to preach the Gospel, so now send new preachers into your harvest. Give them courage, wisdom and grace to make them witnesses of your death, resurrection and return in glory. Through the intercession of Mary, patroness of the Order, may they bring true faith and light to brighten the darkness.
You who live forever.
Catherine of Siena Institute
The Catherine of
Office of Development
Welcome to the Development page for the Western Dominican Province. We invite you to learn more about us and how you can help the Dominican Friars. We are a community called to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ as part of the mission of the Order of Preachers.
We are preparing young men and lay leaders to serve the Church in the United States and around the globe. Thanks to your generous support, the Dominicans of the Western Province are able to share the message of the Gospel throughout the world.
Our mission extends to all of God's people through these ministries:
- Our Dominican Friars serve through preaching the Word in nineteen Parishes, Newman Centers, Retreats, Special Training and in specialized ministries throughout the Western United States and Mexico, often without external support for a particular ministry.
- Education and scholarship for our future Church leaders, lay and ordained, at the Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology in Berkeley, California. Providing for the present while building for the future.
- Maintaining St. Albert the Great Priory, the spiritual cornerstone for the Western Dominican Province and the residence of student brothers, professors and retired friars.
- Reaching out through foreign missions in Kenya, Guatemala, Mexico, the Philippines, and Lithuania. Our mission office has been a vital support for our missionaries throughout the world, wherever we have been needed.
- To further the devotion to Saint Jude through prayers for "difficult cases," and to foster the education of Dominican students.
Western Dominican Province
5877 Birch Court
Oakland, CA 94618-1627
Phone: (510) 658-8722
Fax: (510) 658-1061
The Western Dominican Province is qualified as exempt under IRS sec. 501c